ILO implements the EU4Business project segment focused on entrepreneurship development. 1 Mio.
EUR is available via grants for the support of entrepreneurs from youth and vulnerable groups.
EUR 600.000 are available for inclusive entrepreneurship models within the export-oriented sectors. The target group consists of the young entrepreneurs up to 30 years of age.
EUR 400.000 will support facilitation and promotion of entrepreneurship ideas and creation of new businesses for women from remote areas, long-term unemployed persons, persons with disabilities and ethnic minorities, especially those well-fitted for the sectors of tourism and agri-food production.
CONTRACTS AWARDED TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN BIH
Through the Grant Fund Facility (GFF) for Entrepreneurship, in April 2019 the International Labour Organisation (ILO), under the EU-funded EU4Business project, published a Call for Proposals in the field of entrepreneurship development. The GFF aimed to contribute to the development and dissemination of an inclusive entrepreneurship model in order to enhance competitiveness at local level in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).
Applicants were required to apply through Local Partnership for Entrepreneurship Development. The five best rated Partnerships were awarded with the contracts, with the total value of EUR 1,1 million, of which the EU contributed 940,000.
The following local partnerships and their project ideas were selected:
- Support to Youth in IT Technologies (Partnership for Banja Luka region, lead applicant CIDEA Banja Luka)
- Sarajevo - the Centre of Entrepreneurship (Partnership for Canton Sarajevo, lead applicant Municipality Sarajevo Center)
- Inter-Municipal Cooperation for Better and More Inclusive Support to Businesses (Partnership for Jablanica, Kakanj and Konjic Municipalities, lead applicant Municipality Jablanica)
- Agriculture and Agri-Tourism as a Job Opportunity (Partnership for Petrovac, Ribnik and Bosanski Petrovac Municipalities, lead applicant Municipality Petrovac), and
- Travnik Entrepreneurship and Innovation Network (Partnership for Travnik and Central Bosnia region, lead applicant Travnik Municipality).
For more information, visit our interactive map.
If you would like to receive updates about entrepreneurship, we recommend you register here.